Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sequel blog to Praise for Waltz with Bashir

As soon as I hit "publish post" I realized that I forgot something...

A Scanner Darkly is a really, really cool and interesting movie I watched for the first time in high school. Thank you Mike Koziol (this guy showed it to me). When we were reflecting on Waltz in class, it came up that stylistically speaking, there are some similarities with between these two works.

While watching both of these films, it is easy to forget that they are not live-action. On second thought, Scanner kiiiiinnnnnndddd of is. It's a weird thing to get used to visually, but the story and characters become so much more engrossing than the art itself (*for me, this did not apply in Waltz: I enjoyed the art AND the story the whole time) that it's also easy to lose yourself in the story. In a way, it became part of me as I watched it.

And the best thing is, it's available online! With no downloading or paying of money! Yay college! Here is the link to part 1, for anyone interested. Props to SidAndNancyHQ for making this!

Warning:
that opening shower scene made me squirm a little. But don't turn it off! It actually starts to make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment